It's Independence Day

Happy Fourth of July!


7 things to know for today!

What is Independence Day?

1. Independence Day or July 4th or the Fourth of July (whichever you prefer) is a federal holiday Americans celebrate and honor the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776.

On displaying the flag...

Image Source here
2. One should display the flag from sunrise to sunset, but it can be displayed 24 hours a day, if properly illuminated at night using a light.

3. The flag should never touch anything beneath it.

4. The flag should never be displayed in inclement weather, unless one uses an all weather flag.

On fireworks...

Image Source here
5. Always have a bucket of water nearby in case of an emergency.

I know when I'm done lighting sparklers, I douse it in the bucket.

6. If a firework does not light on the initial attempt, do not try to light it again.

I chose to include this tip, because last year, I skimmed through safety tips and I actually didn't see anything about going back and trying to light your firework again.  My firework went off, I jumped back, and luckily, nothing happened to me.

7. Wear eye protection, tie any loose hair back, and don't wear loose-fitting clothing.

Yes, this might be three tips in one.

And lastly, I know I said seven, enjoy the moment!  Enjoy your time with your family and/or friends!  Comment and share your tips or tell us how you're spending the day or weekend!

Sources & to learn more: Wikipedia | Elle Decor | USFlag.org | Charlotte.about.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making the Move That's Right for You: Downsizing

The 5 Phases of emotions when buying a home go something like this...

Millenials Investing in Real Estate?