Part 3 of 3: Decorating Your Space

If you missed Part 1 and 2, the links are here:
Part 1 of 3: What brings you joy?
Part 2 of 3: Less Than 20 Things for Your Moving Checklist

And now for Part 3!  You've finally moved all your things to your new home!  Now comes the fun part of decorating your space!

Every year, I like to rearrange my space.  When coming up with ideas, my method usually consisted of perusing through similar spaces on Pinterest and thinking about it for a few weeks, before actually moving my things.

This year, that method was not going to work.  After rearranging my things the first time, I half enjoyed the change for about a week.  I wasn't satisfied, so I moved things around for a second time.  I still wasn't satisfied, but I knew I couldn't rearrange again unless I knew it would be the last time.

Suddenly, a light bulb went off, and I realized I could model up my room and rearrange all I wanted from there! I researched floor planning software and skimmed through Home Stratosphere's 21 Best Online Home Interior Design Software Programs (Free & Paid).  If you're anything like me, once you have an idea, you want to follow through with that idea immediately.  I wanted something quick, free, user friendly, and visually appealing.

I looked into three different programs: Room Sketcher (#9 on the list), Floorplanner (#19 on the list), and SketchUp (not on the list, but found through a search engine).

After using all three, I would recommend Floorplanner to anyone wanting to work on one bedroom.  You do need to create an account to save your work.  For a free account, it's fairly simple to use.  Once you have your walls drawn to dimension, you can apply flooring and accessories and dimension those to sizes you choose.  This program is great to use for remodelling and renovating ideas to help you visualize what the space will look like.  With a free account, you can also switch from 2D to 3D viewing.






Are there any programs you use for your designing that you recommend?

Other articles on moving:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making the Move That's Right for You: Downsizing

The 5 Phases of emotions when buying a home go something like this...

Millenials Investing in Real Estate?